Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing 21: Beyond Myspace/other social networks

Well, it was very interesting to see all the social networks that are out there. I only tried a few and started to take up TONS of my precious time, so I had to stop. But I did join a few. I joined playlist.com, Webjunction and the Ning 23 Things on a stick group and Teacher Librarian Ning. To be honest, I'm not sure how often I will have time to visit these social networks. I have had some fun with facebook, but once again, it was taking so much time! I can see how great it is though, to join these and have other people with like interests to communicate with each other. I suppose it might be fun to create a school group that I could use with my teachers at school - but then again, I'm not sure how much time teachers could dedicate to it. Everyone is so swamped all the time. Any other opionions on this out there?

No comments: