Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thing 10: Wikis

I went to the 23 Things Wiki and had some fun changing the colors of the title letters. I thought that would do no harm. I also added an entry on the Content Suggestion page in red: keeping up with the 23 things. My biggest suggestion to new users was to allow for time to learn these new things! I can see great value in wikis - especially after watching the Common Craft video on creating a wiki for organizing a camping trip. This is truely a one stop shop for all viewers. An entire staff at a school could wiki about a new project coming up or a new idea that needs everyone's input. I would imagine that you just give the wiki url to everyone you want input from. More fun than I realized! Since users can edit wikis, I do wonder about the validity for students to use during research. Yes, others can add important information, but what if some troubled users edit it just to confuse others? I can see hacker type people really wanting to cause trouble that way too, so I am more hesitant to use it for research. But for collaboration on a project, by all means, go for it!

2 comments:

Isle Librarian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jerry said...

why would comments need to be removed?