Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thing 13: Online Productivity Tools

I started my page with igoogle and loved the ease of setting it up. It was so easy to just click the ones I wanted to have on my page, then I could click and drag them where I wanted. The tool that I found and liked the most and that I didn't know existed, was the PDF converter tool. Oh my, I can think of numerous times at school that I need to convert a Word doc. to PDF and couldn't do it because I didn't have adobe. I sure wish I knew about this free converter. I tried it, and it worked so slick. It was very easy and only took a minute or two.
The on-line calendars are nice too, but I don't know if I'd use it. It would probably work for a family planning events or something. I guess I could try to figure out how I could use it at school for scheduling the library and/or computer lab, but I think the spaces would not be big enough. Currently I use a spreadsheet for staff to sign up on our local server, which works fine. The to-do lists are kind of fun, but realistically, I probably will just write my list on a piece of paper...unless I'm feeling especially drawn to the computer to check my list! Backpack looked REALLY impressive, but the fee you'd have to pay turned me off. The thing I would've used is the calendar, and that doesn't come with the free version. Cool stuff, really cool stuff!

No comments: