Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing 17: ELM Productivity tools

OH MY GOODNESS. OK, I have spent the last hour and 1/2 on this thing! But yes, it was worth it. I really enjoyed creating the web page - but I have a question for you fellow librarians out there...can you post this page on the web for free? Don't you have to have a hosting site? or is it actually ELM that would do this for you? That's pretty cool. I did try to put an image on mine, but couldn't understand the directions how to make the image appear. That's when I really starting feeling inadequate on this one.
Once again, since I teach elementary kids, the academic search premier, netlibrary and proquest all seemed too advanced for them to use. But I most certainly would like to share these free databases for my staff! Some of them would really use it for their own professional growth, while others would give up and say they didn't have the time. It truly is wonderful that all Minnesotans can take advantage of these free resources. Thanks for making them available.

No comments: