Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thing 15: Online games

I tried this at home and it required such a large download that I didn't want to wait so long for the download. I tried it at work and the site was blocked. This is one particular thing that I have no interest in pursuing any further because I believe that the on-line gaming has taken so many skills away from the need for socialization in our country. Kids are gaming so much these days that they forget how to interact with people and they are not always aware of what is real and not real. Students are not getting the physical exercise they need and are not learning the socialization skills they need because of gaming. Some day I may try the games myself. I prefer to not dive in - I am afraid that it'll take WAY too much of my precious time, and I might even get hooked! Then where would I be? I'd be a part of the trouble that society is in right now, which I do not want to be a part of. Is there anyone out there who agrees with me? I don't think I'm alone on this one.

No comments: